Chinese-Forums

Mandarin tutor/teacher in Toronto

apileofsocks

Can anyone recommend a Mandarin tutor/teacher in Toronto with Mandarin language teaching experience (vs. someone who is able to speak Mandarin fluently) for one-on-one private tutoring sessions for an intermediate level learner?

I've been trying to find one for the last month and have contacted over 20 tutors on various sites and haven't had any responses thus far. I've also checked out the ESL Job Board at http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/tutors/index.pl and have contacted all the tutor/teachers with reviews and ratings, but none of them have written me back (I'm not really sure if my messages to the teachers are showing up properly on the site.)

I've even tried contacting University of Toronto's East Asian Department and the Education Dept. at the Chinese Consulate, but no responses.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Apileofsocks,

Did you find the Mandarin tutor? If not, please contact with me on snowflyingsky@gmail.com

I am an experienced Chinese Mandarin teacher with Mandarin Capability Certificate, which is issued by the Language Department, Ministry of Education of China.

I am a native speaker of Chinese and I can offer both casual and business Chinese (Mandarin) tutoring. I use multimedia teaching materials to achieve better effects and can provide course notes to the tutee.

My rate is negotiable and I am also available for group tutoring.

Thanks