Chinese-Forums

Difficulties with displaying flashcards

frankyg

Sorry for the really simple question (I AM a newbie...).

I have just installed ZDT and it's a very interesting programme. It all seems to be working fine, except for the flashcards, where I only see a square box where the character should be displayed.

However, I see the characters without problems when I do "show stroke orders" and also under "categories".

I have been looking around on the website and with the Help function, but I can't find a solution. I am using ZD T version 0.7.0 and I have Windows XP.

Thank you very much for any help.

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem as Franky. I see only blank boxes for the flashcards. I read the suggestions in the previous post, but I am unable to find a font that seems suitable. The strange thing is that I can read Chinese with IE.

----

Oh wait, I selected the box that allowed me to run the program after installing and ran into the problem I just described. After I closed it and reopened it, the characters are now showing. I think Im all set now, and I hope this may be of help to the next person who runs into this situation.