Chinese-Forums

Visa and choosing uni

tweaked

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm happy to stumble on to this forum, such a wealth of information. Thank you to all that posted.

So i searching the web for information specifically on X-visa. My situation is as follows.

I have applied to 3 universities, 2 in Beijing the other in Shandong. Now i have received an admission offer and the JW202 from Shandong, I know this is the form i use to apply for a X visa.

However, I really want one of the unis in Beijing but still haven't received the JW202 form from any of them yet.

So my question is: Can i use the JW202 form Shandong to apply for a visa and when i arrive in China change over to one of the Beijing Uni's??

What complications will i face if i go that route? if there are any?

Thanks in advance,

Admins/Mods: sorry i cant edit my post, so i had to reply.

Anyways, well, i have been through this forum, and there is alot of useful and informative threads. From what i gather, it seems that a x-visa is associated with a university. B/c I read several post that its the uni that takes care of the medical trip, and one also has to register within 30 days, again it appears that this registration is linked to the university. <<< Assuming

Maybe, another way of looking at this, that might help answer my initial question, is what is the procedure to transfer universities? I see most of the posts are related to language studies, while i will be doing language at the beginning, i plan to continue my doctorate degree.

Also, what i have read is that its not necessarily what the law has written is implemented.

I know in Australia, if you get a student visa, then you are not allowed to transfer to another other university within the first year, without permission on the university. While a student visa in the USA, allows you to transfer anytime.

Furthermore, (I'm assuming again) that the X-visa is only there to get you in, then you must register for residence permit, then the issue would be what is the procedure to change the residence permit to another province or location? (Maybe if i know what information is given for a residence permit, i might be able to assume other situations) .

Maybe i shouldn't be assuming anything, that might just make things worse. haha..

Oh well.. Hope some one can point me in the right direction to get some answers.

Thank in advance .. :)