Chinese-Forums

Chinese Love Ritual?

XiaoMa

Hello,

i am XiaoMa from Germany. I have a chinese girlfriend. This is my first asian partnership :clap and we're very happy 'bout it. But there are some differences between the behaviour in an asian culture and in europe. So i am a little bit confused :conf I always want to kiss her in front of all of my friends or comrades.. but she says thats "Loose Face" :conf

for example: my girlfriend gives me a "wen3hen2" .. i thought this was only a little joke.. but when i saw it in the mirror i was a little shocked :oops: .. a very big red circle at my neck.. for some days now. Now i wear high clothes so that my friends and parents can't see that, not to think i am wounded or something (althouth thats very hot actually here, temperature) :roll:

What does it mean when an chinese woman does this to a man? This is never done by german women, maybe not by european woman.. :help

Thanx in advance fellows,

XiaoMa

Sei froh, daß sie Dich nicht auf die Nase geknutscht hat

For those of you who don't speak German, this means 'Oh, those crazy Chinese girls, always biting. I have to wear a scarf even in summer'

Physical, public displays of affection are not so common in China, though becoming more so. I wouldn't be suprised if you found universities somewhere with rules about students holding hands.

Roddy

OK, my gf is not chinese, but I think she would not like me to always kiss her in front of my friends either. Actually I think I might feel uncomfortable if she wanted to kiss me in front of her friends all the time, too. Maybe it's just a question of getting used to it.

Re your hickneys, I think there are two options: You can either wear them like a man, or borrow some make-up from your girlfriend :wink:

This is what is known in English as a hickey. I doubt it has anything to do with being Chinese.

actually it appeared in ming classics written 600yrs ago, especially in those romantic ones. so i guess women everywhere behave more or less the same...