Chinese-Forums

Lanzhou City Guide

akdn

I was in Lanzhou way back in '95. I remember being pleasantly surprised at its character - it was a kind of freaky place - but freaky in a good way, and more like in a surreal and very interesting and colorful kind of way. I am glad to see that it is still like that (at least through your presentation in the guide). And I LOVE the posters you found.

Wow! Glad to see someone represntin' Lanzhou. Was there last year for a couple of days. Chose it because it was mentioned in Colin Thubron's books. Strolled around the city and hiked up the hill to a temple (can't remember the name). Also took the bus down to Xiahe. Great time.

I've posted on this forum before, asking about places to study Mandarin in Lanzhou. Didn't get any info from that post. Know of any schools? Are there any language programs at the universities?

Thanks for any info.

Peace,

Dean Swanson

Yeah, there are certainly places to study.

I spent a semester at Lanzhou University earlier this year (4000 yuan, if I recall correctly), but I'm pretty sure there are other language programs available at the Northwest Normal University, the Minorities University (where you can also do classes in Tibetan and Uighur), and Jiaotong University.