Chinese-Forums

Option to retract/change votes?

ABCinChina

There's many times I voted for something in a forum but later found out that my opinion changed. I think that an option to change votes made in the past will be a great addition to the forums. This way everybody can get more accurate and up-to-date results on any given poll. What do you guys think?

I can see why this would be useful, particularly in long-running polls, but basically the software we run on doesn't support it and I'm not about to code it in. There'd also be an issue with anonymous polls - you'd need to keep track of people so you'd know which vote they could change, and then it wouldn't be anonymous.

So vote late, vote once, folks.

It could prove to be very useful in elections though ... not good, back to where you come from ...

I think in the UK and some other countries, it's called a vote of no confidence. In the US, it takes impeachment, which is job security for incompetent politicians.