Chinese-Forums

Anyone reviewing Japanese while focusing on Chinese?

~~草莓娜娜~~

I was just wondering if anyone else is reviewing forgotten japanese, or hoping to pick up some more japanese while studying Chinese. :) And if I'm missing some great resources for people with both japanese and Chinese skills/ambitions. Anyone know of any resources besides Wakan? Any tips for using Wakan effectively?

In my case, my Chinese is already much stronger than my Japanese,... I studied Japanese for a year and a half in college to satisfy a language requirement; I've been living and working in China for over three years now, studying Chinese on my own. Unfortunately, when I encounter a shared character in a japanese text, the Chinese comes out far too often. Noting this, it seems a pity to waste the tuition I paid in college by letting it completely go by the wayside when, for people who already have basic japanese skills, there are so many shared characters that could easily be added to a Chinese study program, basically just as vocabulary building/reviewing. I've been using Anki lately, and I've found it to be useful for Chinese. I was thinking of adding the kanji and pronunciations to my flashcards in the corners for quick reminders. I'd rather it wasn't terribly time consuming so I wonder if anyone has any insight into this.

if so, what is your level of japanese? How long have you been studying Chinese? Can you read Chinese easily? Can you read Japanese easily? In your opinion, which was easier to study?

Sorry, this isn't a direct answer to your question, but one thing you may think about doing is studying Japanese using Chinese text-books.

I've dabbled a little in Japanese, and still am really only at the beginning stage, but I'm using Japanese text-books purchased in China - in other words, the explanations are in Chinese. This way, I don't have to feel that I'm using time to learn Japanese at the expense of Chinese.