Chinese-Forums

Three Kingdoms with Drawings

Meng Lelan

Long ago I bought a two volume set of 红楼梦 in simplified Chinese and it was a 连环画 version (captions with drawings) in black and white, nicely done. Is there a version for 三国演义 in simplified Chinese, with drawings? I'm in the States so I guess I would have to order online.

elina, is there a sample page that I can look at? The copy i have of Hong Lou Meng, the drawings were absolutely stunning, almost like the illustrated version of Louis Cha's novels in the thread What Are You Reading. So I wonder if San Guo Yan Yi has similar kind of drawings.

Check www.dangdang.com, This is China's Amazon.com. Or you can go to www.amazon.cn and search by 三国演义连环画, I tried dangdang.com and found my favorite version which is the first search result published by 上海人民美术出版社. There is no sample page to confirm it but if I am correct, this is the best ever version '84 version with total of 60 books. A little pricier than others too. But it is worth it. The drawing is not in color and that is the beauty of it. It was drawn by some of the best artist in China at the time. It is in black and white 白描, skatch style. I used to do paper cutting right out of the book. Should I have kept the first edition, I would be a bit richer than I am now.

Go to Dangdang.com 帮助中心, they ship overseas. Shipping cost is 50% of merchandise with minimum 50RMB. Takes 4-8 weeks. No option for EMS shipping listed for overseas.

Here is the link: http://product.dangdang.com/product.aspx?product_id=8812229