Chinese-Forums

Pronunciation: "Chang2 de" or "zhang3 de" ?

HashiriKata

Here is another link to the usage of 的 and 得

Hi, semantic nuance, thanks for the link.

Actually I was a bit surprised by your #7. Not sure what caused your confusion, though. :)

Regarding the link, I do not really agree with No. 4 of 「的」的用法. I think it should be 地 not 的, though to be honest I sometimes use 的 when I don't pay attention. (sh) :mrgreen:

Actually I was a bit surprised by your #7. Not sure what caused your confusion' date=' though.

[/quote']

I'm still not sure what got me there,skylee.:mrgreen: Senile dementia, perhaps!!:oops:

Regarding the link' date=' I do not really agree with No. 4 of 「的」的用法. I think it should be 地 not 的

[/quote']

Second that. 地 should be used.:)

I think in these examples 长 should read zhang3, 'to grow, to grow up as'. Chang2 would mean 'long'. (And so in the example in the OP it should read chang2, because time is long, time doesn't grow.)

Just to clarify the difference between using 长 as zhang3 'to grow' and 长 as chang2 'long', how would you say that something "grows long" in the following two general cases?

1 - In a general poetic sense, you can say that time grows long or the days grow long.

2 - In a general physical sense, you can say that hair grows long or the grass grows long, etc.

1 - In a general poetic sense, you can say that time grows long or the days grow long.

I would say 時間得越來越(漫)長 (chang2) and 日子/白天得越來越(漫)長 (chang2).

2 - In a general physical sense, you can say that hair grows long or the grass grows long, etc.

I would say 頭髮長(zhang3)長(chang2) and 草長(zhang3)長(chang2)/高.

Edited by skylee

the topic reminds me of a famous couplet.

海水朝 朝朝朝 朝朝朝落

浮云长 长长长 长长长消

i hope i don't confuse you with this,couse none of the 长 means 长 here. ok you're interested in it,take a look at it at this website.[http://www.blogms.com/StBlogPageMain/Efp_BlogLogSee.aspx?cBlogLog=1001519165]

and just ignore what i'm saying if you're not.

• 1 month later...