Chinese-Forums

Read, Laugh and Why

wintertale

I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to post it here. I'm new here, so perhaps that'll excuse everything. :mrgreen:

I'm doing a research on a certain subject and am looking for someone from England (better be someone who's interested in reading and of course, currently available in Beijing).

What you'll do is to read certain scripts (in English) that I choose and highlight the lines/words that you think are funny or better those that make you laugh. And if possible, tell me a brief reason why. We'll probably sit in a quiet cafe and read separately.

It may sound a bit weird, but it is NOT. It'll probably take an afternoon or evening (flexible time, of course) and I'll buy lunch/dinner/coffee. Please drop me a line if you are interested or you simply want to pop a related question.

The above will be valid until I pop in and say otherwise. Thank you.

Case Closed.

Edited by wintertale
to close the case

it's a stage script, Roddy and also, the author is not dead for 50 years yet, wait, is still alive. So it's outrageous to post an e-script(I'll have to type it word by word and it involves copyright issue, too bad) here. :mrgreen:

you sound pretty iron-handed, scary.

right, one more thing, the script might not be funny at all, so I'm ready to take a punch if we are sitting face to face.

I know you won't. just kidding.

It's a complete work (probably long enough to put you to sleep:mrgreen:, but hey, that's what coffee's for, right? and it's just handy in a cafe :twisted:). I specifically asked for people from England (preferably London) 'cause I think perhaps only people from that part of the world can detect the subtle sense of humor from between the lines. anyway, thanks Roddy for giving me a chance to elaborate a bit.

I specifically asked for people from England (preferably London) 'cause I think perhaps only people from that part of the world can detect the subtle sense of humor from between the lines.

:roll:

Just made yourself more credible with that statement, right? Pray you don't end up with a London pub rat reading the script...

well, you can have a thousand reasons to think it as 'not credible', fine with me.

as for the pub rat, in fact, if it's possible, I'd like different people to read the same script, just to collect different 'reactions'. that's all.

so if possible, try not to overload your brain and keep things simple.