Chinese-Forums

HSK Help

waiguoren

Hello everyone,

I live in the Baltimore-Washington area and I am hoping to take the next HSK basic. I went to this site--

http://www.china.org.cn/english/MATERIAL/105664.htm

--and sent an e-mail to Ms. 王. No response. I also happen to attend JHU, where the exam is supposed to be administered, so I went to the language lab and talked to some people. They told me Ms. 王 no longer works there and the exam is no longer administered there. So the HSK website is outdated. I e-mailed the administrator of the website and got no response. I e-mailed the Chinese embassy (on the recommendation of someone in the language lab) and got no response. Notice a pattern here?

So I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the test date and location--or who I should contact about these matters. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Look for your nearest Confucius Institute - they should be the one administering it. This came up when searching for one in Washington - not sure how close it actually is. I also note that the next test dates are in May and October 2008 - so not sure that website is maintained either.

Anyway, try to find a Confucius Institute. Not sure how widely the HSK Basic is offered outside of China, let us know how you get on.

And I need HSK help, too, but in a different way. I've been thinking about taking the HSK when the new version comes out (well maybe). But I'm going to need special accomodations for the listening exam due to severe hearing impairment. Is there anyone in this forums who knows anything about special accomodations made for the disabled in HSK administration? Anyone here with a disability who's taken the HSK?

• 2 weeks later...