Chinese-Forums

The Merry Christmas topic

roddy

BTW, I heard on the radio that a shopkeeper (in the US probably) got sued by a customer for saying "Merry Christmas" to the latter. And that it was more politically correct to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". Was there really such a lawsuit? I couldn't find any info on the internet.

Was there really such a lawsuit? I couldn't find any info on the internet.
I've heard that people sue everything nowadays, so I shouldn't be surprised if there is such a case :mrgreen:. By the way, someone this morning sent me the greeting: "Happy New Moon!", I'm curious as to its origin & meaning but meanwhile, Happy Christmas to all!

Someone did get sued because an employee from a store said "Merry Christmas" [reminds you of Christianity doesn't it?] instead of the more neutral and politically correct "Happy Holidays". It was against company policy to say "Merry Christmas" and not "Happy Holidays."

Check here for more information on the First Amendment of the Constitution of The United States regarding "The separation of Church and State": http://christiananswers.net/q-wall/wal-g004.html

A woman claimed she was fired for saying "Merry Christmas" in the state of Florida in the United States. This article was posted online on December 23, 2008: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,471744,00.html

Happy Holidays to all of you [any holidays, not just the Christian & Jewish ones! ].

Edited by trien27
additional information

• 2 weeks later...