Chinese-Forums

Proverb: All things change, and we change with them

82riceballs

I googled "Chinese proverbs about change" and one of the websites gave me: "All things change, and we change with them," which I really like. However, the only problem is that the website only supplies the English translation, leaving out the original Chinese.

If you know the original Chinese version, could you please tell me? Thanks! :mrgreen:

Also, if you know any related proverbs 諺語 or idioms 成語, etc please let me know =]

I googled "Chinese proverbs about change" and one of the websites gave me: "All things change, and we change with them," which I really like. However, the only problem is that the website only supplies the English translation, leaving out the original Chinese.

I did find the counterpart in Chinese, but I doubt whether it’s its Chinese original.

万物皆变,吾人亦当以变应之。

http://www.google.cn/search?hl=zh-CN&newwindow=1&q=%22All+things+change%2C+and+we+change+with+them%22+&btnG=Google+%E6%90%9C%E7%B4%A2&meta=lr%3Dlang_zh-CN&aq=f&oq=

It can be found in Moral Essays by Alexander Pope, which seems Pope quoted it from Matthias Borbonius.

http://203.208.37.104/search?q=cache:4tEcdxNQzfMJ:en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Moral_Essays+%22All+things+change,+and+we+change+with+them%22Alexander+Pope&hl=zh-CN&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=cn&st_usg=ALhdy2_lp4Sd2fYYeZuzfe0CGCvT_4-YUQ

Cheers!