Chinese-Forums

how to translate "小小天罡,垂拱而治。"?

V32I21

Your question remind me a great genius 李淳风 who lived in Tang dynasty. he wrote a very famous and very magic book named by 推背图. It's a book about prophecy of chinese history and on the basis of 易经and 八卦.

he predicted the fate of every Dynasty afte Tang dynasty in China history in the book and everytime his prediction was proven to be right. so every dynasty's king feel afried of this book and put it into the black list. it's a banned book in every chinese dynaty after Tang and even in modern China. there are 60 parts in the book and include 2000 years history after Tang.

小小天罡 垂拱而治 is part of the argot 一二叁四,无土有主,小小天罡,垂拱而治 and it's the 40th part of the whole book. It predicts the fate of modern China, especially the relationship between Taiwan and Mainland.

the first three sentence 一二叁四 无土有主 小小天罡 have been proven to be right. the forth sentence 垂拱而治 sounds like 随共而治. the whole 40th argot is below:

谶曰

一二叁四 无土有主

小小天罡 垂拱而治

颂曰

一口东来气太骄

脚下无履首无毛

若逢木子冰霜涣

生我者猴死我雕

I am trying to explain it in english, but maybe you still feel confused for my poor english:

there should be a picture before the poet, but I don't know how to upload the picture. so we just read the poet:

there are two different explaintions for the “一二叁四. the first one :“一二叁四” means there will be only four president in Republic of China's history; the second one: China would be divided into four parts(Mainland, Hongkong, Marco and Taiwan) “无土有主" means Mainland will carry out Land Nationalization policy.“小小天罡,垂拱而治”天罡 means 北斗七星之柄 in ancient China history,“垂拱而治” sounds like “随共而治” which means Taiwan will be united by 共产党.

“一口东来气太骄" means the two great leaders 毛泽 and 周恩; the second sentence of the poet is "脚下无履无毛”,首无毛 means bald head. as we know,蒋介石 is a baldheaded. so this sentence means he escaped to Taiwan highly embarrassed and hastily.

the crucial sentence of the poet is “若逢木子冰霜涣,生我者猴死我雕". it predicts the fate of modern Taiwan. 木子 means (登辉). 冰霜涣冰霜is actual (陈扁),the whole sentence means Taiwan would decline because of 李登辉 and 陈扁.

the last sentence is “生我者猴死我雕”. It means the birth of Republic of China and the end of Republic of China. In China 猴 is also called as 猢狲(sun) which means 孙(sun)中山. and in China 雕is also called as 鹰鹫(ying jiu) which sounds like 英九(ying jiu)--- 马英九. the whole sentence means 孙中山is the father of Republic of China and Republic of China will be ended in the period of 马英九. It means China mainland and Taiwan will be united when 马英九 takes up the president of Republic of China. I hope so. it will be a great day for the whole Chinese nation.:lol:

I am curious where you get this sentence. It's a banned book in China. This book is a magic and it's a classic application of 易经. If you can understand it thoroughly, then you can foresee the main fate of China in next 900 years( the book predicts 2000 years of Chinese history after Tang, and till now about 1100 years past ). but it's also hard to understand. People only can get the point when the events happened.

Edited by Javer Chen

• 2 weeks later...

天罡 refers to 天罡星, an ominous star. 垂拱而治 is an idiom which is used in the ancient China to extol the emperor by saying that he is so great that he can bring the peace and prosperity to his country with very small effort.

The whole sentense means this is such a small trouble that it can be easily handled by the central government, i.e. Taiwan. :mrgreen: