Chinese-Forums

Fuel Cell Use This Winter In China Countryside???

geek_frappa

I am very worried about blackout and oil shortages during this winter in China. Is there anyone who wants a fuel cell in their town or village? I am try to install a few later this year...

(Fuel cells are like batteries that convert material into energy. I am hoping to use them to heat homes in the regions where oil may be scarce or expensive)

Do you see fuel cells in the countryside yet?

sunyata: here's a link that gives more information about fuel cells:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/fuel-cell.htm

geek_frappa: where are you getting the fuel for your fuel cells? One of the problems that is stopping widespread adoption of the technology is that just getting the hydrogen is more expensive than using oil.

hmm fuel cells? how do these things work?

don't most people in china use coal and not oil?

you mean you will go to china and install these yourself??

sorry for responding with questions...

no need to apologize, sunyata. these are good questions. basically the fuel cell is the fuel. a chemical reaction bring electricity with no pollution. yes, i will be in china trying to get this to work, also some small town in America could use fuel cells. :D anybody who wants them can get them really, sorta... :D

geek_frappa: where are you getting the fuel for your fuel cells? One of the problems that is stopping widespread adoption of the technology is that just getting the hydrogen is more expensive than using oil.

i am not using hyrdrogen. hydrogen is too dangerous. i am using PEM fuel cells mostly (having a relatively low operating temperature). the problem is that fuel cells are not fashionable for chinese businessmen yet... some factories would be safer for workers if they could use fuel cells instead of engines....