Chinese-Forums

Ranges of cost of rent in Dalian?

caliznmber1

Hi, I was curious some of the ranges of affordable rent cost in Dalian? Can anyone give me a range. I don't need nothing fancy...I am a male late 20's and wanted to travel to this region my whole life... I was thinking about renting there for around 3-6months. Single room or could considered living with other roommates. I am still in the States and considering moving there around early February. Any good resources, suggestions, past experiences and/or leads will be very appreciated.^ - ^

• 1 year later...

you can go to the agency here...they can arrange any room you'd like depending on your money haha i found one but it's costly x_X i guess it's because when they asked me how much i could pay &i told them my max rate...yeah...they just gave me the rooms with that max rate -_-a but it's hard to find person who can speak english so...i guess i gotta get that room -_-

and it's hard to get the short contact for 3-6 months..well..6 months maybe but not the 3 months..

• 3 months later...

and it's hard to get the short contact for 3-6 months..well..6 months maybe but not the 3 months..

It's very difficult to find a decent/good apartment in Dalian for 3 months. The only ones available for that short period of time are apartments noone wants. I visited one for example, on the hills near Xinghai Plaza and it was a rundown building with dark halls, and rooms with peeling linoneum and very hard beds. The asking price was about 1400 yuan per month for a small size room, while mid size room was about 1800 yuan. I ended up renting an apartment near Victory Plaza for 2000 yuan per month. It was supposed to be one of the 'nicer' buildings in the area, yet I still did not like the fact that it was so close to a couple of coal power plants. It was so dusty during summer, from the ash. At the end of my 3 month visit, I visited the area near Liaoning Normal University, and my chinese teacher was living in one of the buildings near the campus. It seemed much quieter, and less polluted than anything I searched for in Dalian. It also was a short 20 minute bus ride to Downtown Dalian. Since pollution is a main concern, the only area where I would rent an apartment in Dalian would be up in the hills near the Dalian TV tower, or near Xinghai Beach because the air in those two places are of better quality. However those apartments go for 3,000+ yuan per month. I still don't get it when people brag about Dalian being one of the cleanest cities.