Chinese-Forums

just to be sure

leonusss

Hi

My name is Leon im 24 and im from holland

i realy whant an chineze letter tattoo on my arm,

I made and pic with photoshop but i whant the apinion from some1 who realy knows wot it mean

i whant in chineze letters my name and my horoscope ( im a libra )

tattooja0.th.jpg

^^ that te pic i made please let me know if i did it good or wrong

Im sorry for my bad engelish !

gr Leon

It reads "Lai ang tian ping zuo".

If you want "Libra", it should be 天秤座, in other words, the second last character is missing a stroke. 莱昂 is transliteration of "Leon", but nobody would guess this without knowing your name.

I'd urge you against it,as I would against most Chinese-language tattoos. Libra is not a Chinese Zodiac sign, and your tattoo will have little meaning beyond being a linguistic exercise.

• 3 weeks later...

i think it'd be neat, though you should take a bit more time considering what you're tatooing on.

For Leon, 莱昂 has no significant meaning other than a phonic translation / transliteration of "Le-on" in Chinese. The actual words 莱 = wild weeds, 昂 = to raise, and doesn't make sense ( i agree with renzhe ) without knowing your name.

Consider a transliteration of your name using characters that actually reflect who you are?

And for Libra, if you must, stick with just the first 2 characters 天秤. I would advice against tattooing the last character 座, since it just denotes that you are talking about a zodiac.

Hope this helps