Chinese-Forums

Help with translation of Chinese found on husband's facebook/email.

Janet25

Hi, I found this on my husband's facebook/email. I can not read it, but I would very much like to know what it says. Can anyone translate it for me?

您好,Matthew

我设置了我的Facebook个人主页,在这里,我可以上传照片、视频和活动。我想把您加为朋友,这样您就可以看到它们了。但是首先,您必须加入Facebook!加入后,您也可以创建自己的个人主页。

谢谢!

Rough translation:

Hello Matthew,

I enjoyed meeting you the other night at that hotel bar. I think, for the time being, that its safer for us to keep in contact via facebook, that way we can be more discrete. I miss you already.

Thinking about you..

Hui

这样您就可以看到它们了

the use of 它们 the it form of them could refer to photos but seems to refer to friends. Also a small discrepancy that makes me think a person wrote it . rather it being a standard form.

Good luck,,

Simon:)

P.S. anyone else want to turn off the Chinese on Facebook every often now that it is always on.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chinese text you've posted is just the automatic Chinese facebook invite.

What likely happened is that somebody wanted to add your husband on his/her facebook list, and the Chinese facebook sent off an automatic invite to your husband's email account.

hope this helps