Chinese-Forums

Visa to come to USA for my Chinese GF

ZhangXinQiang

I know my girlfriend for about 2 year. I plan to visit her during summer.

But we both, me and her, are trying find way for her to come here (Possibly like a student or even a trip or some kind of trip visa).

I intend to marry her in China later on anyways. But if she can come here by somekind of work/travel visa, it would be great too.

We were looking at J-1 and F-1 visa.

And also found some information that you can change from J-1 to F-1 while you are in USA. And apply to University while having a J-1 visa.

Some site and in-between-companies that she found.

http://www.usastudy.com.cn/adv/shixi/qianzheng.htm

http://www.unitedworkandtravel.com/aboutus/default.html

Can someone help me? We both don't know so much about visas and all this system. She is just student and it difficult for me to know for sure all policies of China.

I'm not too sure about the details, but in general she should probably not reveal anything about her connection with you, since that will make every immigration official believe that she intends to over-stay her visa, get married, apply for residency once in the US, and so on. They want to see that she has no personal connections in the US, but a lot of connections/family/money in China so that she has a great incentive to return.

Not going to happen imo. Being just a student with nothing absolutely holding her return to china, like properties, husband/children, local investments, etc. I think it will be slim they will let her enter the U.S. Another poster mentioned getting his wife a tourist visa, which was only granted after having some sort of legal documents or affidavits swearing her financial support if she pulls a runner or w/e. I'd suggest trying to locate that thread, it has a bit more info.