Chinese-Forums

Where can I find quotations in Chinese and English...

Magnus1977

Where can I find quotations in Chinese and English...

So if I want to find a quotation from some western person... I look up their name... and their quotation...and their Chinese translation of the quotation. Anyone know??

I figure there must be a website where they have this... but it must be in Chinese.... which I'm not that great at yet...

I don't even know where and how to look.

I have a quotations book... with English and Chinese translated quotes... great book but really small.

I use Google for things like that. Type in the English name and quotation, and add whatever you can think of in Chinese that should be somewhere in there (if you can't think of anything, try a simple character like 是 just to make sure you'll get pages with Chinese in them). In most cases, you will find a page that lists your quote in both languages.

E.g. I was looking for Gandhi's "You must be the change you want to see in the world". I happened to know how to say Gandhi's name in Chinese, so I searched Google for "change world 甘地". The first result got me the answer I needed.