Chinese-Forums

modern art in China

babeth

Does anyone know where I can find a little art foto gallery in beijing before my arriving in ther on august 21 ?

When I say "little" I just want to find someone who could present a small collection.. and when it s possible , I would like to find someone english spoken

thank you!!

If you’re interested in modern art in Beijing, probably “798 factory”(No.4, Jiuxianqiao Road, 798factory, Dashanzi,Chaoyang District, Beijing./postcode 100015) is a good choice for you. It used to be a big factory, but there’re many galleries and studios there.

Wish you luck in finding some good works in Beijing.

By the way, now there’s a good photograph exhibition called “humanism in China” in national museum of fine arts .Unluckily, it will end tomorrow.:(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York is featuring a special exhibition from October 2004-January 2005 on Chinese art and sculpture from the late Han to the high Tang period. Most of the objects in this exhibition are recent archaeological finds coming out of the mainland.

http://www.metmuseum.org/special/se_event.asp?OccurrenceId={8DC7B584-ACB9-4D15-ABCB-2B0CE09C6652}