Chinese-Forums

Extending double-entry tourist visa - what does it mean exactly?

westmeadboy

If I have a double entry tourist visa valid for 6 months with 30 days max duration each stay, what do I typically get if I go to the PSB to extend it?

Does it extend the length of the current stay or the length of validity (not much use) or something else?

I'm guessing this:

If I'm on my first entry then the extension will extend that entry to 60 days (maybe a second extension will extend it further to 90 days).

When entering the second time, maybe again I would be able to extend it twice...????

That would give a total of 6 months... or is this all just wishful thinking?

It extends your current stay.

A Tourist L-visa can usually be extended twice (30-days each.) However, the extension actually gives you a "new" visa... which means you could potentially lose your second entry.

Also the PSB might require proof of sufficient funds, which means having 25,000 RMB in a Chinese bank account under your name.

Depending what you want to do exactly, you might be better off getting a new F-visa instead of extending the L-visa.

Thanks for the reply.

So in that case, if I want to stay more than one month on the first entry, there's no point getting a double entry (30 day stay) visa.

It used (3 years ago) to be quite easy to extend a tourist visa. Have the rules changed recently or maybe it depends on the place where you try to extend?

Right before Olympic games till now, the additional financial statement (3000 USD or an equivalent in other currency in a Chinese bank account) is required to do a 30-day tourist visa extension in Beijing, Dalian...

As far as I know, in Shanghai you don't need the financial statement.