Chinese-Forums

Weather in Harbin

Weskhan

I was accepted for the 2009 Summer scholarship from CLS and I'll be going to Harbin, China from early June to early August. I would just like to know if anybody knows the kind of weather they'll have at that time of the year and what I should bring to wear and such. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses. I would have replied sooner, but I thought I got an e-mail when I got responses and I didn't, therefore I thought nobody replied.

Ya I went to Google and researched it but I keep hearing different things about the weather in Harbin, so I just asked on here. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I lived in Harbin last summer and one fact I had not realized is how early it gets light. Think dawn at 3 a.m. and sunrise at 4.a.m. It played havoc with my sleep for a couple weeks. In all fairness, I moved there from Zhuhai, many miles to the south; from one end of China to the other.

Here's a link for more climate and meteorological info on that far-north place. http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/harbin.html