Chinese-Forums

Brad Pitt of China

tacoface

Anyone who has watched a movie with Brad Pitt in it knows that this guy is a master of vocal communication. His voice is the archetypal Alpha Male voice, you can't help by being impressed with it, and the work he has put into shaping it into what it is.

My question is, is there a Chinese actor who has vocal talent similar to that of Brad Pitt, and can convey the same sence of unbridled cool? If there is, I think he'd be a great voice to analyse and imitate.

Thanks in advance.

I think we're dealing with two different cultures here. The Chinese ideal male is not like the American ideal male. Being "alpha" doesn't really get you too far in China in acting IMO. So a lot of your China actors are not buff like US movie stars are. But of course this is all subjective.

My question is, is there a Chinese actor who has vocal talent similar to that of Brad Pitt, and can convey the same sence of unbridled cool?
So a lot of your China actors are not buff like US movie stars are.

The OP is asking about voice. Don't let your imagination get carried away here.... :mrgreen:

姜文 (Jiang Wen) has a pretty masculine voice. You might try here:

http://video.sina.com.cn/ent/v/m/2007-09-29/120121110.shtml

He was the lead in "Red Sorghum", one of Zhang Yimou's early movies. He's more a director now, having directed the recent "The Sun Also Rises" and the classic "In the Heat of the Sun."

fxyfxy746885.jpg