Chinese-Forums

Questions about visa application (sorry)

joshuawbb

Sorry again for being a pain and yet again asking questions about this well-worn topic. Health check aside, there are some things I am not sure of on the visa form, and it's proving annoyingly difficult to find a human at the embassy/visa centre to help me.

I just have some simple questions:

-Form section 2.4: Your Longest Intended Stay in China (write amount of days) - I'll be a student in Xiamen studying Chinese for the first year, then hopefully progressing to a degree. Since that could be anything around 5 years, and since I have to write the duration in days, would it shock them if I write 1825 days here? I'm not sure whether 365 or 6 months may be suitable here, given the purpose of an X visa.

-Form section 4.7: Contact in China - naturally it would be easy to leave this out, despite my girlfriend living there. However, my girlfriend is written as my contact on the JW-202 form, so would it confuse them or cause a problem if this is left out?

I could write the same details there, however my girlfriend's address has changed. And then it'll change again when she goes to her college for a while soon. What do you think I should write here?

-About the health check - on the form there are numerous boxes with single words written in them - i.e. Nourishment, Neck, Lungs, etc. This didn't make much sense to me or my doctor - is the doctor/physician supposed to write something like "healthy" here? And also "extremities"? I would guess this refers to between the legs?

Lastly, would "suggestion" on the form just mean a space for the doctor to write any additional notes?

-Health check again - when I give the health check form to the application centre (if they even want it), should I bring the form alone, or the X-Ray and official stuff too? Sorry to ask so many questions, this whole thing has gotten me confused.

Thank you all so much, especially for your patience in dealing with this clueless first-timer :D

Longest stay: You might be intending to stay for 5 years, but correct me if I'm wrong, your current JW-202 is for a year long course? If that's the case I would put 365 days.

Contact: I see no harm in putting your girlfriend, or one of her family members. For address, you can just write her home address rather than her university address. To be honest I don't think anyone will really be looking at this.

Health-check: Writing "Normal" or "Healthy" is fine for those items. Extremities refers to hands and feet, i.e. the parts of the body furthest away from the torso.

Make sure you keep the original form with you, otherwise you'll have to get it all done again in China, as the application center isn't likely to give it back to you.

Thank you for clarifying those issues with me - I've now completed the form., and written 365 days as you are correct; the JW-202 is for a year's study. I was going to write my girlfriend's address there however I gave in - I couldn't really translate the pinyin of her address, and my handwriting isn't quite skilled enough to write all the characters in the fairly tiny space for the address without them blurring. Just to confirm, if her name is written on the JW-202 form as my contact, is it still okay to leave this blank?

I took a last minute decision to leave out the health check and see if I can get the visa anyway. From other people's experiences here it seems to be fine, and I suppose they will ask me for the form if they need it. £350 is a very deep dent in my (and my parent's) wallet, and I'd rather pay pay about 1/5 of that for the same thing in China. Ouch.

So, in my application I have the following:

-Visa application form + photo

-Passport

-Original JW-202 + colour photocopy

-Original Xiamen University Admission Notice + colour photocopy

-Payment authorisation form for postal application

-3 spare passport photos, because I happened to have them

I'm rather paranoid about making mistakes with this sort of thing :D