Chinese-Forums

Computer Stores in Beijing

Flying Pigeon

What are you actually buying? Get on Zol.com.cn and see what you can find - that'll link you through to merchants with stores mostly in Zhongguancun. There's another cluster in and around 蓝岛 at Chaoyangmenwai.

If you know what you want just ordering online is usually best. Zhongguancun's no fun.

• 2 weeks later...

if you are adventurers and have a good bargaining skill you can try Zhongguancun. From what I heard, the building that is called Da something is the best (it's writing on the top of the building). I remember it as the one with the McDonalds.

• 2 weeks later...

There are around 2-3 buildings in zhongguancun with at least 5 levels of computer/electronics shops. It's like a technology heaven. I can remember 1 of the properties to be E-Zhongguancun.

• 4 weeks later...

A favorite of mine used to be XinBaLu (Near Nuren Jie Lady's Street) in Liangmaqiao, near the American Embassy.

But they just tore the thing down because the American Embassy wants to make it self bigger (it's already huge).

On the other side, just off of Mizidian Jie I think, kind of around Solana, is a building called 258. (285 used electronics shopping center IIRC)

In there is a super market on the first floor, if you walk in and straight, you see stairs with those little bumper stickers that advertise the stuff they sell.

Go up and bam, cell phones, computers, games.

Not a big selection, but I know most of the people there, I and my friends have purchased a lot from those people and they will give you a good deal if you bargain.

Binowhui (however you spell it) Is nice but wayyy bigger. So naturally the prices are going to be higher. The best places to shop are the smaller places.

I highly recommend 258, lots of good stuff.