Chinese-Forums

Using Chinese characters in Google newsgroups

thames

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me who to solve my problem.

When I am in Google Chinese newsgroup, I can read other people's Chinese messages, and also can type my message in Chinese. I can even see my preview in Chinese perfectly. But, after I posted it, strangely the message became unreadable (like this: ???????????).

I'm using "Windows 2000", when typing in Chinese, I'm using simplified Chinese input locale - that's built in to Windows.

Is there a way round this? I would appreciate your suggestions.

:-?

What happens if you try posting to the newsgroup using a normal email client, or when using a dedicated newsreader? The tech-support of your ISP should be able to help you set up newsgroups this way.

Also, out of curiosity, what happens if you *don't* preview your message and just post it straight away (making sure of course that you read it well beforehand). Things could be getting screwed up in that in-between step. To check what I mean 1) type in a message, 2) go to preview, 3) instead of posting go back to "edit message".

If this now contains lots of ?????'s then that's where the problem lies. Unfortunately I don't know off the top of my head how to fix that problem, but posting directly without previewing should serve as a workaround until a better solution presents itself.