Chinese-Forums

Request: a way to make list of lvl2 words with lvl1 char's

Pendragon

Sorry for the enormous post title :mrgreen:

I'd like to make a dent into the level 2 words by first practising all words that only use level 1 characters. That may be a big percentage of the level 2 total, and they're probably quite easy to learn when you already know the characters.

Similarly I guess it's possible to learn a large percentage of all HSK words (level 1 through 4) starting with only the level 1 characters. For me learning characters is always more painful than learning to combine them into words.

Subsequently every new character you learn probably unlocks many new word combinations in the 4 HSK levels, would be so helpful if it would be easy to get a list of those new words.

I found this link on the website, it's a searchable HSK database but I'm not sure if I can use it for this purpose. But maybe it could be expanded to have such functions.

I have a clunky and cranky excel spreadsheet I put together a while ago, one of the things it does is show which HSK vocab can be made from certain characters.

this is what is spat out when I asked it to find HSK2 words using all the HSK1 characters. I make no promise that it's accurate, or that the underlying HSK list is accurate either!

There are 679 words in the attached list.

2from1.txt