Chinese-Forums

Visa Extensions Without Leaving China

jess.ylz

I'm planning on going to China to study this coming school year at two different universities which will probably require me to get two F visas (unless they've relaxed year-long visa requirements). I've been reading about visa runs and visa agents on this forum and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience personally extending/renewing visas or applying for new visas from within China? Some Googling has led me to believe that it can technically (if not practically) be done at the Foreigners Section of the Public Security Bureau (I'll probably be in Harbin but Beijing wouldn't be a problem). Is this true?

If you are coming to study for a year, then an F visa is the wrong one.

But you don't apply for a specific type of visa.There is only one visa application form which doesn't ask you what kind of visa you want. The embassy / consulate official issues the visa depending on the supporting documentaton you provide.

If you are coming to study for a year, then an F visa is the wrong one.

even if i am only likely to receive an invitation for 6 months. i am only applying for one semester at first, and deciding on the spring semester while in china this fall.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From what I understand, you will be studying at 2 different schools. These are 2 x 6months?

The school will most likely provide a visa for the length of you study. So if you apply to school 1 for 6 months you will get a F visa. When you go to school 2 for 6 months the will also provide a F visa for you. Most schools have offices that can help you get that visa.

I had a similar situation, but it was 2 semester at the same school tho. I applied for 1 semester and got an F visa. With this visa I entered China and started school. After my semester was over, I decided that I wanted to do an other semester. So I applied again, and the school helped me to get an other F visa. You don't have to leave the country to do it. If the school cannot help you, try to take your JW-202 form and admision papers to your embassy.