Chinese-Forums

Teaching Spanish in China

English Spanish

Hi All!

New to this post and just wondering what you think about teaching Spanish to business people in China, who may already have some knowledge of English. I like to teach Business English as well and have a method for teaching Spanish that makes it very easy to learn if you have knowledge of English. Thinking along the lines of setting up my own business. I understand there is interest in China for learnng Spanish, as China is expanding into Spain and Latin America. Spanish also comes in very handy in the USA, because of the huge (and growing) Latino population. Finally, I'm wondering if learning Spanish might interest English (and other language) speaking expats. Your views and suggestions most welcome.

• 8 months later...

I think learning Spanish is interesting to a lot of people. I considered signing up at the Institute Cervantes, but their courses are not very flexible and I was not able to commit the time it would have taken.

After all those Characters, tones etc. I keep thinking to learn a language that is more similar to my own would be a very nice change:D

• 4 weeks later...

As I've written elsewhere, first get yourself a salaried job with a state-owned university in order to get to know the country, your market and applicable business laws.

Guangzhou is becoming the hub for "rare" languages but any second-tier city has potential for recruiting Spanish learners, a language becoming increasingly popular as Chinese foreign policy continues to develop trade links with Latin America.