Chinese-Forums

Accomodation & Office Rental costs in Zhuhai

riverwalk

Hi everyone,

i'm moving to Zhuhai for work purposes in early July 2009, and hope to get some advices for accomodation and office rental.

(1) where is the best resource place for finding property agents? newspaper classifieds or are there some central property agencies?

(2) i'm looking for a small studio accomodation (1 bedroom with one living room + small kitchen type)

any idea how much that will cost in a safe area?

(3) office space. any suggestions for a good office space? i need about 800-1000 sq feet of office space. any idea what's the cost of rental?

my budget's about US$1 per sq feet for monthly rental.

Jida is probably the place to start looking for what you are seeking, depending on the nature of your business needs. As always, less central locations cost less. Don't spend a lot of time searching offerings on the internet, though the local newspaper can be helpful if you read Chinese. Spend enough time on the ground that you have a rough idea of what neighborhood you would like to inhabit, then just visit rental agents in that zone. If your Chinese is not excellent, and maybe even if it is, it helps to bring a native speaker along. It lends you "substance" and "credibility" and can aid the negotiation process.