Chinese-Forums

PSB interview for X to 1 month L

onebir

I thought getting a 1 month L when an X visa runs out was entirely automatic. But after applying for this last week, the PSB have called my new employer, who's been taking care of the application, and asked me to go in for an interview tomorrow morning.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm just wondering what they could possibly want to ask me about? Any ideas or particularly experiences would be much appreciated.

Maybe a bit late now, but I wouldn't expect much - they probably just want to check that you actually exist, maybe ask you a few questions to check the facts tally with what they've been told. I'm assuming your L-visa is to allow you to then shift to a Z?

Don;t know if this is related but the last time my friends got their visa renewed they were required to go in and they actually recorded them speaking apparently as a new form of security. happened right after an increase in security on the US side. I wonder if they are doing this in more areas or if mianyang cops are smoking the nuclear air.

Sorry roddy I should've mentioned that I did your Qingdao visa run with the help of a local agent there.

I exchanged my student F for another F visa (I'm not planning to attend school next semester, so no documentation from them). Was given 6-months, no stay restrictions. Cost: 3k, probably can be had for much less if I didn't also need multiple-entries (the official at the PSB visa-section immediately said 不行 when the agent handed over my visa application, followed by several phone calls to higher-ups to confirm what's permissible.)

Mystery over. It seems somebody reported me for working illegally at the private school I'm going over to. Probably the waiban at the university I just finished at, who I didn't get on with at all. Of course, it it hadn't been for her messing up the transfer of my X visa to the new school, I wouldn't have been on the L visa in the first place.

At the moment it's not clear how this will pan out. I also have to go and talk to the Foreign Experts Bureau tomorrow - someone's reported me for being a 'bad teacher' as well. I wonder who.

The system seems to be set up so that any disagreement with a vindictive person on the Chinese side of the employment relationship can make life very difficult for the foreigner.