Chinese-Forums

Sleeping mats - 凉席

roddy

Somebody send me one of those please. 98 F in San Antonio and it's only June. Please, send one....

Kunming is averaging about 20 C: from lows of 15 at night to daytime highs of 26 or 27. Intermittent rain with sunshine in between. I’m sure not looking forward to getting off the plane in Dallas at the end of August.

Split discussion about people in Texas to here.

Not to sound too grouchy, but could people please try to remember to stay on topic when posting in threads. Creating new threads is free and there is the private message feature if you wish to ask someone an individual question that is not relevant to the current thread or discussion.

Edit: Likewise, comments or questions about an item of moderation are better off done via PM :)

Edited by imron

Back to the sleeping mats for a minute, I'm seeing sections of them used as covers for seats in taxi cabs here in Kunming. As well as being cooler than upholstery, I'd imagine they are easily cleaned.

Edited by imron

• 2 weeks later...
For the first ten minutes, the mat was nice and cool, but after that, it had completely absorbed all my body heat and was not so pleasant to lie on anymore.

That's what I'm finding now that the weather is warmer and (perhaps crucially) more humid - you don't get that 'ah, cool . . .' kick when you first climb on to it. I'm also finding that half the time I'm waking up off the mat, so at the very least my subconcious isn't worried about it.

Still tempted to try one of the other types though.

• 10 months later...

It's that time of year again folks - I've just unravelled mine, giving it a wipe down, and it's going on the bed as soon as it's dry. If you haven't got one, give it a try.

I did this about a month ago. But the temperature has dropped a bit these days and I think I have caught a cold. :)