Chinese-Forums

2 senteces translate

bimbike

Thank you for your answer. But I have got a question. Somebody else also translated these two sentences for me somewhere else. The meaning of the first sentence same thing, than yours. But the second sentence differs from yours totally. How is this possible?

Somebody else also translated these two sentences for me somewhere else. The meaning of the first sentence same thing, than yours. But the second sentence differs from yours totally. How is this possible?

Translations of a short sentence out of context are bound to be different, assuming that they are not wrong in the first place. For example, I'd translate 若要有前程,莫做沒前程! as "If you want a good future, you should then cultivate it!" but I wouldn't guarantee you that others would see it this way.

If I were you, I wouldn't ask the question you asked (as it sounded like a challenge to the one who helped you) but instead show the other the version that you've got so that people may be able to see both versions & in a better position to help you .

If I were you, I wouldn't ask the question you asked (as it sounded like a challenge to the one who helped you) but instead show the other the version that you've got so that people may be able to see both versions & in a better position to help you .

I'm sorry, this was not my intention if it sounded so. I just got confused because of the two different translations.:-? And I would like to understand it, that what the message wanted truth to say .:) There is not a context unfortunately, these two sentences are only.

The another translate said:

If a man has future/ perspectives/ views, no what makes this nonexistent.

I agree.