Chinese-Forums

Double Entry Visas?

rebecca1312

My friend and I are both UK Citizens and we are leaving the UK at the beginning of August to go backpacking. We have a pre-paid tour with tour from the end of October starting in Beijing and finishing in Hong Kong. To apply for a single entry Chinese Visa in the UK, we must send our application no earlier than 3 months before entering the country which is not enough time to apply before we leave the UK (to ensure that our passports are sent back in time.)

Even though we only need a single entry visa does anyone know if we can we apply for a double entry visa to ensure that it is valid long enough until we enter the country? (as this has a 6 month validity)

Also is the medical form maditory for all tourist visa applications

I have tried e-mailing the embassy in London but i have no reply...if anyone can give me any advice that would help, i'd be really grateful.

:D

Can't see why that wouldn't work. Where are you beforehand though? You could pick up a tourist visa en-route - you might need to pay for an express service if you don't have time to hang around though.

Don't bother emailing the embassy, you might as well tie notes to bricks and throw them in the general direction of London. The visa agencies - I've had quick responses from these people - are much more customer-friendly, even if you're not actually a customer.

No need for a medical form, unless they've gone swine flu mad.

Edited by roddy

Most visa's are now done by the application center. you can ring them but you will need to wait a while as there is always a queue.

http://www.visaforchina.org.uk/visaen/visaView.html?method=readSimple&channelId=13

nos at bottom of page.

they should be able to tell you.

they usually ask for three months so they can put and enter by date on the visa well after the date you want to enter so if there is any delay it still covers you. I picked one up for someone yesterday to enter 16th july the visa says before 11th sept.

hope this helps

I was just given a double entry visa for 90 days each entry. Actually, I have no plans to leave the country and just want to stay for about 115 days. Will there be any problem extending the visa or will I actually have to leave the country and come back?

Mado