Chinese-Forums

if overstaying visa by one day, fined?

hidden12345

So plane tickets back to the States are substantially cheaper one day after my visa expires. It's probably the difference of flying on a Monday as opposed to a Sunday. Anyhow, what is the likelihood I'll be fined/harassed/blacklisted by Customs Exit agents for overstaying my visa for one day?

Thanks for your reply. I overstayed once before by two days in 2004, and all I ever received from the Chinese Customs was an annoyed look. But that was then and this is now. China seems so much more uptight about these kinds of things these days. Is there anyone who has overstayed post-2008 who can confirm the "few days" grace period?

My biggest concerns are (1) the 500RMB fine; and (2) using this transgression as an excuse to deny a future Chinese visa application.

Hi, I am new to here. The Chinese government is not as strict as you thought. In your situation, after you booked your ticket, you can go to PSB and ask the officer to extend your visa for few days more with the excuse you said above. I believe they will approve it.

I have one friend, she is applying for a working visa extension in Beijing. As the application requires original Bacholer certificate and she left it in Italy. But her visa is expired in 4 days that is not enough time for her to deliver her certificate to China. She went to the PSB in Beijing and explained her situation, the officer gave her one more month extension on her visa.

Therefore, I suggest you tell the officer in advance in stead of explaining your situation when it has happened. Then, you probaly find a way to eliminate your concerns as mentioned above.

Timant: are you saying the guys at the local paichusuo can extend your visa based on a story/excuse/plane reservations alone? That seems to be a bit of stretch.. Anyone else heard of anything like this? I usually go thru Trader's link or another agency to get my visa extensions, and, god knows, they ain't doing nothing for free, that's for sure.