Chinese-Forums

First Episode 50: 潜伏

renzhe

I'm seeing the original 潜伏 listed, eg

ed2k://|file|[%E6%BD%9C%E4%BC%8F]-01.avi|264248286|9C4349E24E1907BC645F503471814270|/

Although if you've actually downloaded it and it's not what it says, fair enough. You could try torrent sites but I've yet to find a usable tracker site for Chinese shows.

As I said earlier in the thread:

At first I found it pretty confusing, I couldn't work out why Renzhe didn't mention in his summary the scene where the KMT assassination squad and the Japanese target end up in the same hospital in the French concession run by undercover Chinese communist agents.

Then I worked out that even if you ask it to play 潜伏, Tudou will always play 潜伏2.

I was still confused. If this is a 2009 series, how could there be a 潜伏2 already? Turns out that it is a completely different show:

昨天,《剑·谍》制片方负责人徐宁说:“《潜伏2》的叫法是卖盗版DVD的人加的噱头,跟我们公司的发行没关系。”.

I watched it online on sina, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore either.

(Are we allowed/able to post torrent files directly on the forum?)

Here is a dropbox link to the torrent file I used to download the series. It looks like it is still seeded.

Also, the dvd set is available on yesasia.com (although I am not sure what the difference is between the two sets).

Are you in China? I am not sure if this can have an effect on the search, but I don't know what else could be the problem

No, I don't live in China. I have sometimes been told that something I'm trying to watch on the internet can only be watched from within China, but this didn't seem to be one of those cases as far as I can tell.

• 8 months later...

Back from the dead I was wondering if anybody has subtitles for this? I have the show now and there are hardcoded subtitles, but I would prefer to have extra subtitles as .srt or .sub so I can extract the vocabulary faster/learn in advance. Oddly enough I wasn't able to find any subs..

• 1 month later...

I am finally back watching this one. It was still a bit tough for me last time I tried watching, but I am better able to keep up and enjoy it now. I am only up to episode five thus far. I am watching some scenes or large chunks of episodes twice because there is sometimes so much info packed in. It is terrific thus far. I am pleasantly surprised by the humor thrown in. It makes for a nice break from all the subterfuge.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I am halfway through on this one. I can only watch about an episode at a time, otherwise I start to lose track of things a bit. It does get a bit easier after the first couple episodes. This is great stuff. I think this will be my go to Chinese TV recommendation. I was already a fan of 孙红雷 after watching 落地请开手机, but you can now sign me up as a 姚晨 fanboy as well.

• Like 1

Yeah, once he's in place in Tianjin it becomes a bit more simple. Glad you're enjoying it, it's great stuff. Not sure how far you got with 武林外传, but if you're a 姚晨 fan that might provide a bit more encouragement.

Her character in 武林外传 hasn't won me over like the one in 潜伏, but i am only 7 or so episodes into 武林, so I know that it is just a matter of time. Pretty soon I'll be following her 微博 or whatever it is people do when they really like celebrities.  

• 3 months later...

Finally finished. Despite really enjoying it, I ended up watching it in short spurts over a long period of time. I liked it all the way through, but my favorite bit was the beginning from when after he arrives in Tianjin up until episode 13 or so (when a few plot lines get resolved). I think 马队长 and 李队长 were probably my favorite characters. I found myself often rooting for them. I liked the ending

I got concerned that after 翠平 blew everyone up that that things would degrade into a shoot 'em up. But then they go and suddenly kill 李队长, which leaves the last episode open for more subtle plot development. I'd have to think that 则成 would eventually find a way to get word of 翠平 and his daughter, which might be enough for him to break cover and give up the 奋斗.

• Like 1