Chinese-Forums

4-week scholarship experience anyone?

Gaogao

Hi there!

I´ve got a 4-week scholarship for the summer and applied for BNU, BLCU and ECNU. I already missed the BLCU course starting this week, so I hope I will be at the other two... Anyway, there are hardly 2 weeks left and I still did not get any papers. I called, emailed everybody, but they could not tell me. :(

Anyway, I hope there won´t be any problems and since this is totally unknown to me and there´s little info out there about these short-term scholarships, I would like to hear your experience. Which university, how was their course, which dorm you were in etc.etc., especially if you were at one of the universities of my choice.

Thanks!

From whom/what entity/organization did you get your scholarship? is it open to anyone or just people from your university/school? I would love to know more to be able to pass on info about short-term scholarships. Many schools offer private study courses for terms of 1 week through several months, rather than regular classes. You might want to check that out. (I have had students do 10-12 hours a week private tutorial for periods of 4-6 weeks for just a few hundred dollars (tuition, about 3000-4000 RMB) at Shaanxi Normal University in Xi'an. Generally students apply for tourist visas, and state that they are going to China for "cultural exchange" rather than language study. The student visas seem only to be granted (according to the website) for terms of longer than 3 months or something.