Chinese-Forums

Translation of letter in simplified characters??

Ancoelle

I know that this is not really a quick translation, but I am staying in Beijing with a family this summer and studying Chinese. Today my host father gave me a letter, but I can't read it - I've already tried for an hour. I have only learned traditional so far - my college waits until the second level of Chinese to teach simplified, for some reason. I can understand bits of the letter, something about God and working and studying hard, but it is messy, in simplified characters, and I have only studied for one year anyway, all these things making it fairly impossible for me to translate. Here is a link to pictures of the letter: http://img32.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1010469g.jpg Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time translate this.

In traditional script, it says,

不管我們是那國人,在當今的世界只是像個村莊一樣,人們的命運總是聯在一起的。

做一個現代人,要認清形勢,看準和擺正自己的位置,才能利與(mistake; should be 立於)不敗。認不清這一點剛是它的反面。經濟和政治永遠是聯繫在一起的。好好學習,天天向上,能改變命運的方法, 就是努力學習,努力工作。

良好文化基礎和綜合素質由(mistake, should be 尤)為重要。上帝給了我們天大的緣分,可能是讓我成分(? probably a mistake, could be 為)最好的朋友。很高興你能住我們家也是喜從天降。大學畢業後我們一起幹事業。

你要吃好、學好、玩好。

Edited by skylee
To correct a typo 係->繫