Chinese-Forums

Printer

muyongshi

Ha! All you are eager to display your knowledge and tell me 打印机 right? Well not that simple.

I am trying to find out the words for professional printing services. Basically photographic prints. But I am looking for professional ones, not he local kodak printer guys. I know that 洗照片 is used as the word for develop but I can't find a word that seems to express the higher level of developing, a professional developing service. Any help?

Other words that I have used in my searching for services here in mianyang are 冲印 and of course 专业, also tried all of these as combinations and threw in 相片 even though I don't use 相片 but the services should be the same.

I guess it could be, but I understood it to be more of book printing, brochures [as you said], magazines, etc.

I'm looking for stuff that you would make nice photo albums out of, 11x14 prints, fine art prints, etc.

Isn't that those little shops all over that do advertisements, make my copies, do business cards and ask me to figure out the english driver on their printers? I would hardly classify them as professional printing.

Perhaps contact their Chengdu office and ask if there's anyone nearby that uses those machines?

成都办事处

四川省成都市青羊区忠烈祠西街91号

四川绿洲大酒店16层

邮编: 610016

电话: (86 28) 8678 3866

传真: (86 28) 8678 8308

Edited by imron
smilies begone

• 1 month later...

Still haven't found a good place that can do all of the services I'm looking for, either here or in Chengdu so I'm still looking.

But I have another question that I hope can get answered here {didn't feel the need for a new topic as it is relatively the same- I just hope people actually see this question}. Does anyone know if there are canvas printing services available in China? This is still high quality, high DPI, LARGE canvas prints {minimum 24 inches} in size that you hang on your wall as art.

And how the heck do you say canvas print in chinese?

Now we are getting somewhere! Thanks Roddy. They are not exactly the ideal quality but I think for right now this will do! If anybody knows of other options that might even be better I would appreciate it.

And Roddy... did you just know the word 帆布画 or how did you find that? I mean canvas is 帆布 but... I would think they would use a word more... picture related... anyway...

Oh, I knew it. I know everything. Don't know how, just do. . .

Nah, I knew that site as they promote quite heavily on amazon.cn, had a hunch they might have what you're looking for so had a look. I could probably have dredged 帆布 up from my memory if I'd had to I guess. Let us know how that site works out, could well use them myself at some point.

yeah, i'll let you know.

I plan on using them within the next couple weeks {as long as things go by plan} so I'll post back.

I still need to contact them and figure out if I can request that they don't do any adjustments "for me" since I do all my own and that will be a big thing. Look forward to trying them!

Thanks again Roddy!

You might take a look over at flickr.com... There are lots of groups/pools for photos, which always have a bbs attached. I've found some of the forums (particularly with a geographic bent--i.e. Beijing or China) particularly useful for finding locations to develop FILM... Maybe you could find an answer there?

My flickr search turned up one place in Chengdu. It seems like the specialize in film {motivation for me to do more film shooting} and paper prints {no canvas- but I do both, so...}. I will be in Chengdu monday and tuesday and think I will take the oppurtunity to go to the shop. From the pictures on the website it looks very professional.