Chinese-Forums

My website was baxxed in China!

pazu

I can't believe it, my website was baxxed in China!

http://www.pazu.com/

I've asked two fellows here (thanks Roddy and Tsunku) to help me for checking the connection, they all failed to connect to my website. I have just checked my webstat, there's no China (.cn) visit this month, which is extremely suspicious.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe my luck!

Quest, indeed the most annoying situation is that there's no way to appeal... I'm thinking of applying a new domain, but it's not a good way because it can be banned again. So I could only recommend my friends to use some proxies................................

Apparently every website can be banned without any reasons.

the company website of my friend was also banned about 5-7 years ago. He appealed to the Information Dept, and seeked help from 中聯辦, the shadow agency of china gov't in hongkong. He tried every contact he know in beijing, and the ban was removed a few weeks later.

And as a matter of fact, his company is known to be funded by china gov't. Always working close with communists. It was also notorious for encouraging a bomb attack on the colonial hongkong gov't in 1967 and today they switched their attack fiercely on HK democratic party. Of course, the company also strongly bombard any speech that has a tendency towards independence of taiwan.

It should be a beloved son in the eyes of communist party. But the company couldn't avoid being temporaily banned.

Sounds strange.

Hmm......Pazu, actually I wonder how come your website has not been baxxed a long time ago in China.

Some of the articles in your travel journal, i.e. trip to Dharmsala, ROC flags in remote Yunnan,....might be taboo inside Mainland.

Just wish you are not blacklisted when you visit the great "motherland"!

Oh yes I must have forgotten no personal voice of a single person could be permitted~ and even though my website was filling with quite a lot of patriotic pride.

What a great country.

And Ian Lee, the ROC flag in Tengchong of Yunnan was displayed in a museum, so it shouldn't be considered as a taboo. Our great motherland treated it as a relics of 1911 Revolution.

Perhaps China is blocking www.pazu.com. More likely, though, China is blocking a range IP of addresses that happens to include your IP address. You're being hosted in Hong Kong and it's possible that your web-host is also hosting a BB or something else that's attracted unwelcome attention. You're 202.64.77.112; perhaps the offending site is 202.64.77.XXX and China simply blocks everything at 202.64.XX.XXX.

These wholesale blocks are common: all Geocities sites have long been blocked as were all Netvigator homepages at one time.

Ask your web-host whether other customers have had this problem; if so, change to another web-host.

You could also test this theory -- that it's 202.64.XX.XXX that's being blocked not pazu.com -- by temporarily pointing your DNS record away from 202.64.77.112 to another address.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some space on a local hosting compnay in the UK.

And before i even begand i was blocked.

I was able to find that china do indeed black IP blocks, and my host was able to move me to an other block of IP's that was not blocked.

Now everything is fine.

I would therefore recommend that you contact your hosting company and be asked to be moved to a server that is not blocked.

my website is www.msgmates.com

• 2 weeks later...