Chinese-Forums

Help with translation of character

Grania

I asked someone once and she asked me if I had a chinese boyfriend and suggested it meant 'love'.......

I've never been brave enough to ask anyone again, it is a tattoo and i spend a lot of time with it covered as I dont know what it means.

I was very young and possibly a bit stupid and didn't think it through, a familiar tale I'm sure.:oops:

If someone could help me I can either be relieved.....or get it covered up permenantly....

Thanks Grania

It looks like kang, as skylee said. But it also looks a lot like a letter from the 'Chinese alphabet' that was discovered on hanzismatter. Was it supposed to be a letter?

It doesn't mean anything insulting though, you can safely uncover it.

Thankyou for all your help skylee and lu,

It was meant to be a letter and in the infinite ignorance of a fifteen year old i thought thats what it was.

It wasn't until I got older that I realised that there isn't really a chinese alphabet and so assummed it was just another character and maybe it meant something else.... but maybe it just means nothing........ which still looks a bit silly so I may still have it tattooed out so it doesn't just look naff.

Thanks for the advice I'm glad it doesn't mean something bad.

I just have to find a way to make it look better....

Thanks again :)