Chinese-Forums

Translation of chinese comments on a technical drawing

Adventure

I received a drawing at work but it has some short Chinese comments on it that I can't understand. I would appreciate your help to translate the text from Chinese to English.

The drawing depicts the side view of a plastic "Radome" which is used as cover and weather protection for electrical communication equipment.

RadomeChineseText.jpg

Here is some info on the four lines of text.

0) The first text is pointing towards the service hatch / door on the side of the radome that a person uses to get into the radome. So I am guessing that the text might mean "service hatch", "service entrance" or something like that.

1) Might be height and width of the radome?

2) It might state the amount of attenuation of radio frequencies in the range 7.9 to 8.4 GigaHertz, and 7.25-7.75 GigaHertz.

3) I have no idea what that text means.

Technical terminology? :shock: Oh... you know you need a professional for this one, but I just love dabbling so I'll risk giving it a go :mrgreen: :

Your guess for 开门拉手 being 'service hatch' I suppose is correct, 开门 is 'to open the door ' & 拉手 basically means 'handle', so...

产品 is 'product', probably 'device' here

外径 'external diameter'

频段 means 'frequency'

高度 is 'height'

In 传轮的损耗, 损耗 means 'deterioration', 'dissipation' and here could probably be translated as: 'power loss' in the ? 'transmission wheel' or something just guessing for 传轮, but you probably know what this refers to

In the last one: 进出小门区城不考虑电性要求

电性 means 'electric property'

要求 is 'requirement'

不考虑 could mean 'without regard/consideration to', or something like that

进出小门 would translate as in & out rate or maybe entrance-exit gate or whatever, but I wouldn't know what 区城 refers to, probably the inside of the Radome thing

Thank you for the fast reply leeyah!

The deterioration/dissipation/power loss they are refering to is the loss of power (in decibels) of the transmitted radio waves sent through the material of the radome. A common term in this context would be "attenuation".

So with the help you gave me I would say a fairly good enough translation would be:

0) "Service hatch handle"

1) "Radome external diameter 1066.5mm, height 2246,5mm"

2) "Frequency 7.9-8.4GHz, attenuation <0.25dB.

Frequency 7.25-7.75GHz, attenuation <0.2dB."

3) I can't really figure out this one...

What does the two signs above the number 1. mean in the drawing?

I realised something. Maybe #3 means that the service hatch has not been included in their calculations for how much the radome will attenuate the signals. Since the service hatch will be much more complex than the uniform material in the radome walls it is very difficult to simulate or estimate how much the service hatch will affect the radio waves.

Which would mean that the translation would be something like:

"The effects of the service hatch on the transmitted radio waves has not been taken into account."

Excellent job, Leeyah! You are really all over the place!

进出小门区城不考虑电性要求

Honestly this doesn't make any sense to me. But

"The effects of the service hatch on the transmitted radio waves has not been taken into account."

is also rather apparently in the wrong direction.

And everything else is translated perfectly!

Sorry for my fuzzy and unhelpful reply...