Chinese-Forums

DUFL Acceptance Letter

ohaacke

Hey everyone,

I'm a beginning student in Chinese and will be studying at Dalian University of Foreign languages this Fall. My spoken Chinese is okay, but my reading/writing is terrible. That is what I'm planning to focus my studies on. I will also be trying to translate this, but I need to know for sure what this says and if it calls for a response from me. I really appreciate any help.

http://owenhaacke.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dalian1.jpg

I understand the meaning of the dates, x年x月x日 but is the registration period the 9月2日-9月4日?

http://owenhaacke.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dalian2.jpg

Thanks.

The first one is telling you to fill in the form if you want to live in the university accommodation. It also says this is recommended for the first semester as you don't know Dalian, and reminds you to register with the police if you live off campus. It also gives rates for two different single rooms (doesn't say what the difference is) and one type of double. It warns that you can't give up your room during the semester.

9月2日-9月4日 is when they'll be picking people up at the airport. For free. If you reply.

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

I'm going to send the form to the school tomorrow thanks to your quick help. I really appreciate it!

I'll be studying in Dalian for up to four years, so after I become efficient enough to help with Chinese translations I'll be sure to stop by this site and offer any assistance.