Chinese-Forums

For a visa physical exam, what is a "public hospital"?

Xiwang

A friend in Northern California recently received a job offer in Beijing. Unfortunately, she is having trouble finding a "public hospital" willing to conduct all of the specific tests required by the Chinese government in order to get a work visa. However, she did find a small medical clinic willing to perform all of the tests, fill out the form, stamp it, and notarize it.

Does anyone know what constitutes a "public hospital"? Anyone ever get rejected for using a private clinic? Anyone know of any place in Northern California (or possibly New York, where she is heading to next week) that will do the necessary exam?

I'll also be checking with the local consulate for advice. However, the visa itself is being issued in China. Thanks.

In my experience those tests are done in country. Are you sure she needs them before hand? If so, then as long as they have the tests and they are notarized, I don't think there will be a problem.

Many times, including with me, they are already requested beforehand. Though not official - as Muyongshi says: your friend will have to do an official medical examination in China - many employers/local governments request some form of medical exam before entering China: if something would reject the visa application, it would save them all the hassle (money and paperwork) to start with the visa application.

That said, any GP (general physician) should be able to do these tests and set up an official document. Unless they're not real physicians.

Personally, though at the time I was in Ireland (being Belgian), I had no problems with this. I just grabbed my local physician, showing the request ... and he did all tests and prepared a nice looking document ... which I equally nicely paid for.

On my arrival in China, however, I had to do all tests again.

Your friend must be conduct all the medical check in a Public Hospital in the country. You will be able to contact the China ambossy in US and ask for a list of the Public Hospital that recognized by the China government. A check result from a privite hosipital will not be accepted during the application.

Once your friend done the medical check, she need to verify it once she get a short term Z visa to entre China. The verification must be done in Beijing by the nominated hosipital.