Chinese-Forums

anyone in chengdu?

{-Tharos-}

HI all!

Since nobody answered my last mesage here's another one :roll:

I'd like to know id there's is anyone here from Chengdu so we could talk about life there and the universities because I'm going there for a year and I'd love to have the more information I can get :D

Thanx for your help all !

See you!

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was in Chengdu last semester. I liked it there (though your impression of Chengdu may depend on the neighborhood you will live in.)

You can see some pictures and our impressions of Chengdu and si chuan da xue on my website which I made recently for a school project.

http://www.inessadax.com/sichuan

I am hoping to make it a meeting place for other "chengdu-ites." (there are not so many of us out there)

Thanks a lot for the info ! Your site is really entertaining by the way ! It makes me want to go more more to chengdu :clap

I was thinking on going to Southwest Jiaotong University...did you hear anything about it ?

Are the classes in chinese because if you said you started from almost nothing,how could you even understand the teacher ? :-?

Hope to hear from you soon !

I don't know anything about Southwest Jiaotong University. Sorry.

The classes are in Chinese -- not because they are opposed to English, they just don't know much English.

The textbooks have English translation for new vocabulary and some explanation of grammar rules. In classroom you use Chinese.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately i am in Chengdu now.Exactly in UESTC(University of Electronic Science & Technology of China).i am Chinese.Certainly I have heard of Southwest Jiaotong University and i have been there several times. beatiful campus and have about 2 lakes in it.This university is very famous in Railway reaserch.

Aha,this is what i know.What else do you want to know?Perhaps i can help you! :clap