Chinese-Forums

Travel to Yunnan

rob07

I've been wanting to go to Yunnan for a while and I have some time now. However, I understand that there was an earthquake there last week. Does this mean I shouldn't go? I've been told that it was relatively minor and not near any of the main attractions of the province so it should still be OK. Anyone have any comment on this? I want to see the normal sort of things - Tiger Leaping Gorge, Dali, Lijiang and Xishuangbanna (etc?). Jiuzhaigou in Sichuan as well probably.

Yunnan is my hometown and welcome to Yunnan~

earthquake? well ,earthquake in that level will not affect us that much..

i return to kunming last week

and nowi'm gonna to visit Lijiang and Dali soon,though i 've been there for times.

take it from me ,you'll never regret your visit to Yunnan.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm heading to China for my second visit in September, stopping over in Hong Kong (this time, without the travel bug, so I can actually eat - although jet lag eastwards always slays me for 2/3 days), Shenzhen to meet up with my language exchange partner - who is back home for the summer holiday - and then onwards to Yunnan for 2 weeks: Kunming, Lijiang, TLG [虎跳峡], then onwards to Zhongdian [shangri-La].

Really looking forward to practising my Chinese (and realising how lazy I've been in the last two years) and experiencing the stunning beauty of Yunnan.

Unfortunately, I won't have time to explore Deqin or trek through Yubeng this time round - leave this portion of the trip for when I study in Kunming. Take a break for a week or two after every quarter (3 months).

Planning my itinerary through a mixture of Tripadvisor, Lonely Planet [Thorn Tree - although quality of posts has declined of late - same questions being regurgitated with alarming regularity], See Yunnan (http://www.seeyunnan.net/) and China Trekking (http://www.chinatrekking.com/).

Sadly, my time and itinerary will not allow me much trekking off the beaten path. Trekking can wait until I'm living in Kunming, affording me the opportunity of spending weekends exploring a different locale in Yunnan.

Cheers!

Edited by putonghua73
Spelling mistake

• 3 months later...