Chinese-Forums

Vietnam tourism visa

Loriquero

Hi there!

I´m a foreigner living in Shanghai, I wanna go to Vietnam next month for 旅游。

Any experience with the visa issues? a friend of mine is telling me there´s some kind of online application, but I don´t really know about wether is a scam or not, I would rather going directly to the consulate but it looks to be more expensive than this online application...

Any lead?

Yeah, there is one, 浦东大道900号华辰金融大厦302室,电话021-68555871。 I don´t trust those websites because they are .org, .com... I don´t think this kind of things should be managed by such a common domain names...

The website of Vietnam Embassy in China http://www.mofa.gov.vn/vnemb.china/zh doesn´t help much more...

Dont worry about sorting out a visa beforehand, when you arrive in vietnam (assuming you are flying) you can get a visa before passing through customs. I would say 99% of my flight did that including me. Quick and easy. Just make sure to have a couple of passport photos on you just in case they need them. I cant remember how much it cost but I do remember them taking Chinese currency, no hassle.

Ok, I just came back from the consulate, they just took my passport, one pic, 450RMB, and my "dryness" was raining like I have never seen in a long time...

thanks for the answers, I will pick up my passport (with the visa hopefully) this august 4th :)