Chinese-Forums

Chinese Visa agency in the US

Yaoshuya

Since I live in Iowa, and its a long drive to chicago, I will need to use some sort of visa service. Can anyone recommend an online visa service that is reputable, but also reasonably priced? I have been searching for the past two hours and I am getting no where... I see a ton of visa service sites, but I have no way of knowing if they are ligitimate. Any input would be appreciated.

The big, global company for which I work (name withheld, but you've heard of them) uses CIBT. They are not cheap, but we've used them three times for visas to China, out of the Chicago office, for both business and leisure visas, and had no issues with them.

What kind of visa do you need? I'm guessing you just need a tourist visa. If so, the Chinese Embassy lists some agents at http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/yisq/t169580.htm.

Personally, I have used CSCA three times (and they're currently working on my fourth visa) and am very happy with them. You can visit their website at http://www.visamailservice.com. They are one of the companies listed on the Chinese Embassy's website (not sure if that means much, but I figured it meant they at least wouldn't steal my money and have some kind of relationship with the Embassy).

Thanks for the advice. I'm still debating which agency to use, but I have a quick question about the visa form. I am applying for a student visa since I received a CSC scholarship to study Mandarin in South China Normal University in Guangzhou. The application asks what your travel plans are in China and I honestly don't know exactly, although I would like to do some traveling outside of Guangzhou. I would like to put just Guangzhou in the blank, but I am wondering if doing this will disqualify me from traveling to other parts of china. Does anyone know the purpose of the travel itinerary question?

Just put the city you are studying in. The itinerary is pretty much ignored unless you actually write 'sensitive border regions, centers of unrest' and has no impact on where you can actually go in China.

Remember to let us know which agency you use.

I decided to use www.mychinavisa.com due to the clean layout of their site and easy to follow instructions. I mailed my visa application off yesterday via express mail, so hopefully I will have my visa by early next week. Also, I applied for a one year multiple entry student visa as I would like to be able to visit Hong Kong. Most web sites don't list that as a possible option, and neither does www.mychinavisa.com, but I have heard that people from the U.S. have been able to get those recently. I'll let you know what they give me when/if I get my visa.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my visa back in the mail a few days ago. Everything went well and I would recommend www.mychinavisa.com for others. I did not get my multiple entry visa like I applied for however, they gave me a single entry visa instead. Which is unfortunate, since I would have liked to visit Hong Kong. In any case, I'm happy that my application went smoothly and I got my visa and passport back in a timely fashion. Also, thanks for the advice everyone, I appreciate it.

You managed to get an student X visa without having to submit a Physical Examination Record for Foreigner? Here in San Francisco, we have to get a medical exam and then have the physician complete this form. (Maybe we should all get our visas through the Houston consulate in the future.)

Unfortunately, I was not that lucky. I had to get my physical done when I applied for the CSC government scholarship. I sent photo copies of the physical forms with my visa application. The visa service I used did not say I had to send them in, but my scholarship notification letter said otherwise. Interestingly, I had that phsyical done over 6 months ago (barely) when I sent it in, but that did not seem to bother them... :conf