Chinese-Forums

建国大业

wushijiao

Supposedly it's going to be shown in Taiwan. That's democracy for you....or maybe Ma Ying-jeou.

http://news.ifeng.com/taiwan/3/200907/0730_353_1277745.shtml

新华网北京7月30日电(白瀛、杨舟)中影集团董事长、《建国大业》导演韩三平30日在京透露,讲述新中国诞生史的电影《建国大业》除将于9月17日起在中国内地上映外,还将于9月20日前后在香港上映,10月1日前在台湾上映

This year has too many semi-political and historical movies. Feng Xiaogang has Tangshan Earthquake. They could all be very dull. But 陈可辛, a HK director, is producing (not directing) 十月围城. That's the movie I want to see this year. I'm cultivating my "fan-ship" of 陈可辛.

HK rarely makes historical movies, actually I can't name even one. They're mostly about light entertainment. 吴宇森 tried the Three Kingdom, and the result was disapointing (or even irritating) despite its commercial success. Wu now is planning to make a movie about Flying Tiger, yet another attempt to make himself a serious director. But I simply have lost confidence in him.

I'm curious how this movie will portray the key Nationalist figures of the civil war.

This movie better be a historically accurate one, and not just a "propaganda" tool. Otherwise the Chinese compatriots on the other side will simply return the favor in 2011, a big anniversary year. :mrgreen:

Mainland TV drama has some market in Taiwan. They're no longer awfully ideologically biased as before. Or you can think of this way: KMT is now brothers, DPP is the new villain. :)

台湾人热评国共恩仇剧

“国共情仇”历史剧在台湾引发热议

潜伏 and 人间正道是沧桑 are dramas. I think mainland's 历史正剧 are very well made. HK, Taiwan, and the US unfortunately have no such stuff. Japan sometimes produces very decent historical dramas too. Not sure about Europe.